Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Can you say procrastination?!

So...it's been about 9 months since my last blog...I completely forgot I had created one until my awesome friend Alyssa reminded me! =) A lot has happened since my last depressing blog! Let me back up just a few months =)

In the middle of May I started getting super hungry all the time and everyone was joking that I might be pregnant. Well, turns out I was! I went to the naval hospital for my official test on May 18th and I was 4 weeks pregnant! I still don't think it's completely hit us that we're about to have a baby! I would repeat it to myself and Ryan in those first few weeks and get excited about it, but it never really hit us. Over the next few months we had a couple ultrasounds and dr appointments, and around the time we found out it was a BOY, it was discovered that I had Placenta Previa. PP is where the placenta covers the cervix partially or completely. Luckily mine was only a partial pp and as the baby grew, the placenta moved away from the cervix and now we're ok!
In October we moved out of our friends' house and into our own apt. It's a little 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom place and it's a good size for us. Boo Boo (our doggy) took a little bit to get used to it, but now he knows it's his domain and he protects it as much as his little self can! After a little over a year of marriage we still don't have any matching furniture, but we're humble and appreciate the fact that everything we have we either got for free or cheap! All the pretty things will come in due time! (Like when hubby decides to career it and becomes an officer and makes bank! jk)
Now we're playing the waiting game. Vincent Allan DeCato is due on January 26th, 2011. We have a week from tomorrow and he's still not showing any signs of being ready to come out! The dr said today that I'm 2cm dilated, my cervix is almost thinned out, he hasn't dropped fully into the birth canal, and he's estimated to be about 7lbs 1oz as of today. Meaning he'll probably end up being between 7.5 and 8.5lbs depending on when his little butt decides to introduce himself! As long as he comes after the 20th we'll be ok...I have an appt. at the DMV to become an official CA driver! If I don't renew my license now it'll end up expiring and I'll have to take the actual driver's test again! Well, hopefully it's not another 9 months before I blog again! I'll try to make it once a week until Vincent gets here, and at least once a month after he's here! No promises on any of that! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment